Pages

CAJUN CUP 2016

Saturday, November 12th, I ran the Cajun Cup 10K here in Lafayette, LA with many runners I know. I ran with the amazing ladies I have the privilege to train as a running coach. These ladies dedicated their time and trust in me to prepare them for this race and it's an honor. I do all I can to prepare them and at the end of the day it is up to them to push through and finish the race, && they did.

 
I ran the race in under an hour and was a pretty big accomplishment for me. It was my first official race since having my daughter in July of 2015 and seeing her so interested in all the runners gave my heart all the happy feelings. She was there to see me off and cheer me through as I crossed the finish line. Sharing this lifestyle with her, instilling a healthy mindset within her, showing her how to have life full of quality -- that's what it is about.

 
Running means a lot to me because it has brought me out of many dark places and inspires me each and every day. I learn about myself, my dreams, my family, my goals, my strength, and so much more. Running helps evolve me and balance me. To run THE Boston Marathon is epic. I look up to Boston veterans and qualifiers with the utmost respect!!

So, in 2013 when the bombing occurred on the course of Boston my heart stopped for a moment. I literally couldn't breathe watching what was occurring and I knew no one there personally, but in some way or another I feel all runners are connected. I didn't skip a beat and as soon as my breathing began again I began putting together a "RUN FOR BOSTON" event for April 18th, 2013 at 7:15pm. We had over ONE THOUSAND people invited within the first few hours!!

Long story short we had the run, local media came out for coverage, we had about 60 people come out for the run and our hearts prayed with Boston that night. Just four days after such a horrific act had occurred runners were coming together for our running heroes. My heart breaks to this day thinking about what occurred. For the families that lost loved ones, children, I ache for those that lost so much.
Have faith when the world gives you every reason not to. Persevere, especially in the hard times, because perseverance in the presence of adversity creates change. When we keep going despite our circumstances and find the good EVEN in the bad that is the epicenter of being the calm in the storm. Choose to be the light in a world full of darkness -- ESPECIALLY when all you have left is your faith.
Be a piece of the masterPEACE of the change.

Imperfectly Yours,
Katie